Thursday, January 22, 2009

We're Home

Well we made it home safe. It was a long, cold week in Myrtle Beach. Bob and I were hoping for some warm weather so we could have a change for a short time, but the temperature dropped while we were there and it actually snowed. There was no accumulation, but it snowed. We did walk on the beach after lunch one day. We were all bundled up in our coats and other winter paraphernalia. It was a busy week with lots of meetings. We stayed in the Hilton right on the beach. I was going to post an update everyday while I was there, but it would have cost $10 a day for internet access and we found out from several people that paid for it, that they weren't able to get on so we opted not to even try.
We had fun going out to eat with friends. The first night we went to a Japanese restaurant, and I do not like Japanese food! But it was fun watching them prepare the food right in front of us. I especially liked watching them set the food on fire! I did enjoy the Mexican and Thai food restaurants. It was a good week, but I'm sure glad to be home. Lots to get caught up on.
While we were eating at the Thai restaurant, sitting at the table next to ours was a couple that were just finishing there meal. All of a sudden Bob jumped up from his chair and ran over and hugged the guy and the lady. I had no idea what he was doing. This behavior is out of character for Bob. Come to find out, they were good friends from California (I had never met them, but had heard stories about them). We knew they were living in the D.C. area and Bob even talked to them at Christmas time, but we had no idea they would be attending these meetings. The next day we went to lunch together and had a wonderful time visiting. We're planning a trip to the D.C. area soon and they are coming up to our home in March or April.
Well I need to open the pile of mail that is waiting for my attention on the dining room table. I have a busy weekend with two families coming over for lunch on Sabbath and I also have to do a Sabbath school workshop and clerk's workshop on Sabbath afternoon at the Hispanic church. That's always interesting since I can't speak Spanish. But, they always smile and agree with everything I'm telling them. It's really kinda fun. Bob will have to stay at home with our guests and continue with the entertaining.



Picture from our hotel room balcony.

Another picture from the balcony.



Bob relaxing and taking a look at the program book.


The music was interesting.


Here we are! The sun is shining, but it is cold!


Our friends from D.C. - Jim and Janene

5 comments:

Francie said...

What is all that stuff on Bob's face! LOL!

Tina in CT said...

I guess Bob kept growing the beard.

How nice to have your CA friends there and what a surprise to have them at the same restaurant that evening.

You'll be busy the next few days.

Lori said...

Looks like they upgraded your hotel from the usual 2 star cheep ones they put you up in. Nice view too.
And I'm also not a fan of the beard, it makes him look old. Maybe he should get some hair dye if he plans to keep the beard:)

Rachael said...

Too bad you did get some warmer weather.

Did it kill you not to have internet for a week? I was wondering why you didn't seem to be reading any of our blogs. Did you see the blanket I made for Lori's baby? Did you figure out that she expects you to make bumpers and a crib skirt to match it? :)

Dore' said...

How nice.. to have a few days to just relax and enjoy each others company. (at least compared to your normal life)