Friday, January 23, 2009

I Hope It's Not Lost

Last night when we got home from South Carolina, I checked all my e-mails. Of course, I scan through them first and pick which ones to open first. There was one from my friend Tina so I opened it to read what she had been up to lately. Many times her e-mails are about her naughty little dog, Liesel, that I found for her here in New York. I kinda feel guilty about being the one that found it for her. But, then dogs are like kids. You don't know what you're getting until you get them and then it's too late. But you love them just the same. I was lucky, because all my kids were and are perfect!!! However, I haven't had as good of luck with dogs. Today, Bob had to use the snow-blower in the drive-way and when he put it back in the garage, he hit something on the side of the garage door and now the garage door won't shut. Checotah, had a great time today hauling stuff from the garage out into the yard. Spaghetti squash, gourds that should have been taken to the compost pile, but resided in a box in the garage, and rags. She was a very busy girl today. Then when Bob went outside and saw the mess Checotah had strung in the yard, she got in trouble and went and hid in the barn. She is such a sweet dog, but she can be so naughty. She also tore up her brand new bed Bob bought for her just before we left on our trip. I guess she was bored.

Anyway, Tina asked me if I received a package from Diane. So I was excited about the package and asked Bob to go out and get the mail. When he brought it in, there was no package from Diane. So I asked him to go back out and check on all the porches. He returned empty handed. I e-mailed Tina to let her know that it hadn't arrived yet, and her response to my e-mail was that Diane sent it before Christmas and it was a handmade gift. Diane does the most beautiful knitting and weaving. I'm not sure what she had made and sent to me, but I know I would have loved it! I hope the package can be traced and located. That would be terrible if it was lost. I don't remember ever having anything lost in the mail. Have you?

12 comments:

Natalie said...

The only thing I ever loose in the mail are bills and that happens...like, all the time!

I sure hope you find your package. How sad if it gets lost!

I guess I'm not the only one with a naughty dog.

Lori said...

Actually Natalie sent me a dog collar one time and she put it in a regular envelope. All I got was the empty emvelope that was ripped with a note from the postmaster saying that it got damaged in the mail and the contents appeared to be lost.

Rachael said...

I hope it turns up!

I can't believe that dog chewed up her bed!

Dore' said...

When our boys were young, we were staying in an apartment building in Modesto. Bob's mom had sent some dress suits for Christmas for the boys to wear to Sabbath school and church. We never got them.. but they were delivered U.P.S. and they tracked them for us and realized they had delivered them to the wrong address. The package was insured for $50 and they gave us the money but would not go to the apartment they delivered it to and ask for it back. We were quite disappointed. Anyway, I hope you get your gift. Seems like it should have been there a while ago, though. You don't think Chekotah got it off the porch do you?

Tina in CT said...

Not only was there something that Diane made for you but also an antique that she was sending you. I'll call her tomorrow to see if she could trace it.

Update: The airport called Chris and they have his lost carry-on that he checked at the gate in Atlanta before boarding his flight to Moscow. He has to go to the airport to pick it up as they don't deliver. In the good old USA, they would deliver it to your home.

Naughty, naughty, naughty dog to chew up her new bed. Liesel chews anything not bolted down and she also chews things bolted down. She's chewed up blankets in her crate and a fake lambswool pad for the crate.

Love your comment about kids and dogs that you don't know what you're getting until you have them home.

Tina in CT said...

It's not lost! Diane is on the phone with me. She told me that she had given it to her sister to mail from work and somehow it got buried and never mailed. Whew! Her sister found it and it'll be mailed out on Monday from her work and it'll go via UPS so look for it later in the week next week. Thank goodness.

Diane asked me to let you know that they had to put Colby, their boxer, to see on Tuesday. His growth had gotten huge and he could not longer go to the bathroom and had stopped eating. He also could not sit anymore because of it. He was such a good dog right to the end. I was there last Sat. and he was such a doll and so good natured and well behaved. She and Brent are so lost without him. Her puppy keeps looking for Colby as they played all the time.

Back to my chore. I'm putting away all my scrapping stuff and organizing.

Rachael said...

You went private too now?!

I hate this because it doesn't show up in my bloglines or my sidebar anymore when you have new material, so I have to remember to check. But...I guess I'll do it for you. If you have anything juicy to publish, though, be sure and send out an email telling me to read, so I don't miss it!!!

Anonymous said...

I can;t believe Checotah chewed up her bed.

Our dog Molly is going to have puppies in March, Mom & Dad said I get to keep one of the puppies.
I can't wait until she here puppies!

Anonymous said...

I can;t believe Checotah chewed up her bed.

Our dog Molly is going to have puppies in March, Mom & Dad said I get to keep one of the puppies.
I can't wait until she has here puppies!

Tina in CT said...

Package from Diane: Last night Diane told me she did not know if her sister mailed your box yet from work. She was out sick Mon. and Tues. and Diane doesn't know if she went back yesterday or today. When Diane finds out, I'll let you know.

Rachael said...

Mom, it's time for an update, don't ya think?!

Tina in CT said...

Your blog reading followers are anxiously awaiting for new reading material. We miss you!