Saturday, January 17, 2009

I've had enough . . .

of the cold weather that is. I've been cold all day today. Even at church I kept my neck warmer, coat, mittens, and snow boots on. I was freezing and I'm still cold. The good news! In fifteen minutes Bob and I are leaving for Myrtle Beach in South Carolina. We have a cat, dog, and chicken sitter to take care of the kids so we're almost ready to leave. It will be a 13 1/2 hour drive so we should arrive tomorrow morning. Then we will be attending meetings all week. But, I think it will be warmer than it is here. I sure hope so.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

It was 80 degrees there a month ago when we were there. I bet it will be a lot warmer than what you are used to even if they are having a gold spell. You could have warn your pajamas to church today!

Rachael said...

I didn't know you were going there! Good thing you have a blog or I'd be completely out of the loop on everything!!! Have fun though, and get some sunshine for me too!

Tina in CT said...

Here I was thinking today that you were hoping on a plane for SC and you have that long drive. Hope you didn't hit snow.

I went over to Diane's around 5. Brent brought us soda and cheese and crackers while we started scrapping. He made us a spaghetti supper and then we went back to scrapping. Really, really fun time together with her, Brent and the dogs.

Hope you and Bob get to see some of the area and play tourist.

Dore' said...

Myrtle beach should be a lot warmer. Go get thawed out.. and have a great time while you're at it. (;

Francie said...

Yeah, I had no idea you guys were going to SC, either! Have a lot of fun and make sure you enjoy every minute of that hot weather! Be careful and WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!

Teen : } said...

How fun. I was just saying Spring is in the air over here in CA. My hummingbirds and song birds are all over my front and back porch. I love it. Hope you get some sun. I am soo ready for it too. Love spring and summer, well and fall. LOL Miss you

CATHY said...

Does this mean you are going to come back here? BTW...we need a new pastor.
Have a good time in SC.