Friday, January 9, 2009

Our Aero Garden


Thanks to Rachael and Derrick, Bob and I are the proud owners of an Aero Garden. They gave it to us for Christmas, but they gave it to us early while we were in Michigan at Thanksgiving time. About a week after we got home, Bob set-up the garden with herbs and it wasn't long before they sprouted. Now we have fresh basil, dill, chives, thyme, marjoram, and oregano. The basil is growing the fastest and I have already cut it down and hung it upside down to dry. Today, Bob made eight loaves of bread two of which he experimented with using sun dried tomatoes, black olives, and fresh chopped basil. The aroma was unbelievable and it tasted soooo good. I ate two pieces and wanted more, but I decided to wait until tomorrow.


We are planning on making some mashed potatoes and using the chives. It's really fun having the garden handy right in our kitchen. Thank you Rachael and Derrick. We love our new indoor garden.
(The picture was taken a couple of weeks ago and the plants are much larger now.)

6 comments:

Natalie said...

wow, I bet it tastes so much better when its that fresh, kinda makes me want a garden. But then I would have to cook.

CATHY said...

Sounds yummy. Food always taste better when you can spice it up.
What a clever idea...never heard of an Aero Garden.

Rachael said...

I started mine last week and they are just starting to sprout.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Tina in CT said...

Never heard of an aero garden. That bread sounds fantastic. Is the garden on your dining room window sill?

Dore' said...

That Aero garden looks nifty. The tomato basil bread sounds really good. Sun dried tomato basil is my favorite flavor bagel, but I've never had a loaf of bread with it.

Lori said...

Yum, I want some of that bread. Could you bake some and fedex it over to me please?
Well it probably wouldn't taste as good a few days later, but for sure next time you come you'll have to make it.