Monday, June 16, 2008

Life is Great!

But busy!!! I've taken a few days of vacation to help watch Gracie and Hannah while Ryan and Lisa are packing and moving their things into storage and to our house. Madeline didn't want to be left out, so she has spent several days with me also. The boys, Ryan and Matt, are helping with the move. And, they have been a big help. Yesterday, I made a quick trip to Buffalo to pick-up Kristen and Jack. I took Hannah and Gracie with me. Auntie Lisa was taking Madeline home so she could see her daddy who was home for a couple of days. For the next few days we'll be busy packing and getting ready for camp meeting. Bob leaves today and will be in charge of the electrical at camp meeting set-up. Then he'll have a whole new set of jobs once camp meeting starts. I don't have to be there until Friday. Kristen loves to go to camp meeting and has been going with us for several years. This year, Jack decided he'd like to come. So, I was excited to be able to have both of them.

Yesterday on the way home we took an exit so we could stop and get an ice cream cone at McDonald's. As soon as we got back on the toll road, I heard a ding and the empty light came on. How can you run out of gas so fast when you just filled up on Friday? Fortunately, the kids had the answer so we would make it to a gas station before running out. Pray!!! They all agreed that that was the answer. And it worked. We made it to the next gas station. The gas pump shut off at $75.00. I was hoping it was full. Wrong. Only 3/4 full.

When we got home the kids had fun making scrap books. After awhile, Hannah and Jack decided to go outside and pick a few flowers. My house looks beautiful. Vases full of lovely flowers everywhere! Little Gracie doesn't care what is going on as long as she is on my hip or sitting on my lap. She's precious.

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You have a camp going on at your house - arts & crafts and nature class. Enjoy your week.

Natalie said...

Sounds like fun, glad your all home safe!

Lori said...

You are going to be exhausted by the time campmeeting is over.
Be sure and take naps so you can keep up with all those kids.

Rachael said...

Nice to see my kids! Give them kisses for me.

CATHY said...

Looks like your having a great time with those grandkids.
I miss going to campmeeting. Haven't been there since you and Bob went.
Tom had a hernia operation today. I have spent the whole day nursing him back to health. I am worn out.

Dore' said...

Oh, I sure miss camp meeting. Like Cathy, I haven't been there since you were here. Not because of that but because of mom, who has recovered it seems. She is doing great! It is amazing. By the way, those tomatoes sure look good. Are they from your garden?

Tina in CT said...

I forgot to ask, "Didn't Katya want to go home with you too?"

Boy, the girls sure do look like their dad, Ryan.