Monday, June 23, 2008

Camp Meeting Highlights

Oh, we are having a great time!!! The internet here is soooo slow, I've tried several times to add pictures, only to find myself frustrated because it takes so long so I'm just going to write to let you know what is going on.
The kids are having a blast. They love the meetings and come running back to the camper after their meetings, telling me (all of them at the same time) what they did and showing me the treasure they received. It is so easy to entertain them. For instance, today the kids have spent hours throwing a stick up into a pine tree, seeing how many pine cones they can knock down. Then they have a pine cone fight. I've had to work everyday, but Bob has been looking after them when I'm busy. Last night Bob came back from spending a few hours at home with the kids and brought a flat of local fresh strawberries. So, supper was simple. Strawberry shortcake. I served eight kids supper. And half of them asked for seconds. Kristen wanted seconds on the cool whip!! We're having a repeat of the strawberry shortcake tonight and the kids are so excited.
The primary division are singing a special song for the big tent this evening and Jack is so excited. He can hardly wait. Last night they practiced and Jack went right up front to help the leader sing and do the sign language. He is just loving it here.
Below are a few pictures I've managed to put on. It takes so long to attach the pictures. I have some really cute pictures from yesterday, but I'm just going to go with what I have for now and enter those later.

This is where jack sleeps. He's eating a little snack before bedtime here. Homemade biscuits with homemade strawberry jam.

Here's a picture outside of our camper. The kids and I went and bought these flower baskets and we also bought a metal hanger, but under the grass is just rocks, and Bob can't find any place in our camping area that the hanger will go into the ground. He just hits rocks. So the flowers are decorating our picnic tables.

Kristen and Madeline eating their late night snack.

Before we left for camp meeting, Jack was a big helper. Here Jack and Punkin are taking out the compost.



Madeline's bed is on the couch.

Jack's bed is on the table.

Kristen's bed is the top bunk. That's been her bed ever since she started coming to camp meeting.

More pictures to be added later. I hope.

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Looks like a good week is being had by all.

Strawberry shortcake for supper - yum! I had 5 can casserole (with ground beef too). This is the 4th time I've made it since visiting you. I love it. It's easy to keep the fixings on hand, quick to make and gives me many meals.

CATHY said...

Looks like your having a ball.

I am considering going to Redwood this year, only for a few days tho. Helen Ida is going and taking her trailer so I can bunk with her. I sure miss those times when we were all up there.

Rachael said...

Nice to see pictures of the kids. Looks like everyone is having a great time! We sure do miss them here, it's oddly quiet with only 2.

Teen : } said...

Hey there Ms. Cecelia, wow looks so beautiful. I went for the first time to Redwood last yr with Ms. G. and the Dowswells. My 4 younger ones went with me. We had a blast. We cried when we had to come home. I met soo many nice ppl there. It was so oddly nice to be somewhere with sooo many ppl and not have to worry about swearing, drunks, or fights which usually accompany camping. I wish I could go every year. Miss and love ya. Tell Bob we all said hello. Oh and Michael will be jealous. To this day he talks about your cooking when y'all went on Pathfinders trips. Egg mcmuffins?