Friday, November 16, 2007

No School Again!

Unfortunately, no one called me until all the kids were dressed and ready for school. I was even dressed and ready to have worship in Jack and Katya's class this morning. And I was making French toast for the kids breakfast when Francie called and said, "Mom, no school again!" I thought she might be kidding me, so I had to check for myself. She was right. When I told the kids, they were so excited!!! "No School, No School, No School for Us"




Breakfast time.


The kids wanted to try pomegrates and plummalos



It took awhile to prepare this fruit. The kids liked both fruits, but Katya didn't care much for the pummelo.


After breakfast Katya and Jack were off to play with their snakes.


And, Kristen practiced her piano.

Now I'm planning the menu for the weekend and then I'm going to brave taking all four kids to the grocery store.

With the grocery list in hand we loaded the car and headed for the grocery store.

In this picture we just arrived inside the store. So far we are still doing good.

The basket is full and we just need one more item. Pepperidge Farm Herb-seasoned bread cubes. I'm planning to make Bonnie's Chicken Roast for Sabbath lunch.

The kids were so helpful. They unloaded the basket and helped put the sacks in the basket.

When we arrived home, the kids helped carry the groceries in and then hurried to the play room for some real fun. Shopping wasn't there favorite thing to do, but they were very good. There were a lot of people that would stare at me and all those kids. But, it just brought back fond memories of when I went shopping with six kids!

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, no school again?! Don't party TOO hard!

(So, does this make your job easier or harder?)

Hahahaha, four kids at the grocery store. HAVE FUN!!!! This will be the true test of whether they really behave for Grandma!

By the way, Kristen sounds like she's made great progress on her new piano piece. Her teacher will be happy.

Miss you guys. We'll try to call later tonight, before bedtime this time.

Lori said...

Mom I knew there was no school at 6am, but you made such a point about being woken up and so many people calling to tell you there is no school, I figured someone else would tell you. Sorry.
Maybe I can help you watch the kids while you grocery shop, I'll stop by in time for lunch (haha).

Francie said...

I'm glad I called you this morning, I almost didn't because so many people called you the day before about no school...
Sounds like you guys had a good time today, while you may not have made snakes...
Dinner was super yummy! I loved the brownies, too, they were delicious!
What's on the menu for tomorrow?

Shannon said...

Now that we know it isnt too hard with Rachael's four maybe you Madeline can go with you next time. I know she really loves the special trips the two of you go on together.

We miss you here. There is alot of comfort in knowing you are only an hour away... and not that you arn't... Well we just miss you.

Andy has read more of our family blogs in the last few days then he has since we started doing them and he has been laughing about how everyone is talking about food. He thinks you are such a good cook and a good grandma. He even said how lucky all our kids are to have such a fun Grandma who can cook so well.

Shannon said...

Opps, I meant to say... "and, now that you arn't"... not "not that you arn't."

MoscowMom said...

Sounds like you're all having a blast. Wish we could join you for a yummy meal! (I'm probably headed to the Hard Rock yet again today with the kids so they can run around...wet, muddy snow outside and we need an indoor venue... Your dinner sounds soooo much better!)