Saturday, November 3, 2007

Happy Birthday V

Dear V,

You are a precious gift to me. I have so many fond memories of your thoughtfulness that you have shown to me. I remember one time when you surprised me by showing up at my antique shop with the children and brought homemade carrot cookies. The children came running into the shop with big smiles on their faces and out-stretched arms for grandma. Oh, what a special day that was for me! I treasure the cards that you have sent to me over the years and enjoy re-reading them and looking at the cute signatures of all the children and the pictures you've included. I have two wishes for you today. First, I want to wish you a Happy Birthday! And second, I wish I had mailed your birthday present! You are a very special daughter-in-law. May God bless you with many more Happy Birthdays.

Love,
Cecelia

2 comments:

~ V ~ said...

Thank you! We had a nice day here. We (the kids) roasted veggie dogs in the wood stove for supper. I think what I'm going to like most is getting an extra hour of sleep tonight!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday V! I wish we could see each other more often then we do.