Sunday, November 18, 2007

Christmas Party

I was invited to attend a Christmas party that Derrick's parents were having for their employees. The room was beautiful. There were red poinsettias, linen table cloths, a beautifully decorated Christmas tree, and elegantly wrapped presents. The food was excellent. I would tell you what was on the menu, but I don't remember the names of the various foods. I know there were green beans, but you would never picture the following presentation of green beans by the words "green beans". So, I'm not going to embarrass myself by attempting. There was also a young lady playing the piano who was amazing. I was excited to find in my gift bucket (yes, I received a beautiful floral hand painted bucket) filled with a variety of gifts one of which is a CD by this pianist. Her name is Beatriz Ritzenthaler.

The green beans were placed in the shape of a Christmas tree with a slice of star fruit at the top for the star, red cherry tomatoes scattered over the green beans for the tree ornaments, and cubed cheese with chocolate string for the presents. All the food presentations were very tastefully done and everything was delicious.

Derrick's parents, Dick and Bonnie, spend months selecting and purchasing items for the gift baskets including gorgeous baskets to hold the various items. Dick arranges the items in the baskets and Bonnie wraps them in clear colored wrap and ties them with beautiful ribbon. The gifts are absolutely amazing. Perfect in every way.
The children looked so cute and were so excited to get to go. They didn't complain once about having to put on their "good" clothes and let grandma brush their hair. Kristen even let me put two clips in her hair. The children were perfect. Auntie Francie was also invited to attend so she could help me with the children.


Jack and Ben enjoying their food.


The children especially enjoyed the egg quiche that was served as appetizers. Katya ate three.



Ben just unwrapped his gift and is quite excited. He received a remote excavator.
Each of the grandchildren received gifts that were hand selected just for them.


In this picture you can see some of the beautiful gift baskets.
The grandchildren were grandpa's helpers in delivering the gifts to the employees. The children were happy to help.

Grandma B and Jack helping to distribute the gifts.

Katya is a good little helper too! This is her first Christmas in America. She told me on the way home she loves Christmas in America. (And it's only just begun!)

Kristen helping with the deliveries.
Sometimes the baskets were extra heavy so they were placed in a wagon for delivery.

Jack and Katya are so cute.
This was the perfect party to start the holiday season. Thank you Dick and Bonnie for your invitation and for the beautiful gift. I haven't opened it yet, because I want Bob to see it before I take it all apart. But, I did slip my hand in and take out the CD!

3 comments:

Lori said...

They do give great gifts, I think Jack and Katya are going to love their laptops, and obviously Ben will love his excavator. I didn't see what Kristen got, but I'm sure it was a perfect gift for her.
Kristen almost doesn't look like herself with her hair in clips, I'm used to the messy hair in her face look.

Rachael said...

I can't get over how you fixed Kristen's hair EXACTLY like you used to fix mine and Lori's when we were that age. Too funny.

Bonnie said...

Cecilia, Thank you so much for your very kind words. We LOVED having you and Francie there, and the children were perfect little angels, weren't they?! When I looked at the first photo you posted, I thought, Oh, there's Rachael with her Mom when she was a little girl. But it was Kristen!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!