Thursday, September 13, 2007

A Very Sad, Sad Day

Last night after I had prepared and placed in the freezer 16 quarts of corn, I decided I should 'really' pay bills. So I went to my office and turned on the computer, and started to enter the on-line banking site when my computer screen went black. I tried to scroll, I tried to enter, I tried lots of the other keys too, but nothing brought back my screen. So I checked to make sure I was still plugged in. Yes, I was. So I unplugged and re-plugged everything from the wall out. The light on the power strip was on, the lights on the Internet box were on, but my computer was not on.

When Bob came home, I told him my dilemma and he said it sounded like my computer crashed. But how would he know? He just recently learned how to turn it on. But then whenever Bob says something, believable or not, he is usually right. So, did my computer really crash? It's less than six months old.

I had also planned on adding pictures to the blog I had written yesterday, but I can't find my camera. I have looked everywhere; my purse, my lunch bag, my crochet bag, at work, at home, where could it be?

Why is this happening to me? I wanted to write a sweet blog about Natalie since today is her birthday and of course I wanted to include pictures. The pictures I wanted to use are on my home computer that no longer functions as a computer.

I was having so much fun with my new blog spot. Since today is Thursday, I won't have access to a computer until next Monday.

This is a very sad, sad day.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Oh what a sad delima, I don't know what I would do if my computer crashed and I lost all my pictures. I guess I should back them all up on a CD just in case.
Also sorry to hear about your camera, but if you don't find it, I have one you can have. I bought it not too long ago, and just before Nat's wedding I dropped it and the zoom button broke. I didn't have time to get it fixed (even though still under warranty) so I just bought a new one. Now I have it fixed and it's a perfectly good digital camera but I don't really need 2 cameras. It's probably newer than the one you had and lost.
Let me know if your turns up.

Rachael said...

Yes, I need to back my pictures up too.

So I'm guessing you blogged from work today?

Looks like you've caught the blog bug and now you'll have to just sit on your hands for a few days and stew on some posts for later!

You should still post the Natalie pictures next week.

Rachael said...

Maybe they can fix your computer?

Hope you find your camera.