Saturday, September 8, 2007

Dipping a Toe in the Blogging World

This blog has been temporarily hijacked from its intended author (Cecelia) by it's set-up designer (Rachael) in order to get the ball rolling on the posting and to give a little disclaimer from the outset.

Yes, Cecelia (otherwise known as "Mom" to many, myself included) has frequently been known to utter the phrase "because I said so." In fact, often it is followed up by, "that's why" or sometimes the also popular "and when you get to be the mother, you can say so too" (my brother really hates that one). However, it was me (Rachael, the eldest and favoritest* daughter) who titled the blog and wrote the "about me" profile and added the little verse at the bottom. I'm fessing up to it now, but later, when this month's posts are archived, I think it's pretty hilarious (my little inside joke) that casual readers might happen by and think she wrote those things herself.

She really only wanted a cute little profile picture (like all of us girls have for ourselves) to use when leaving (the oh so occasional) comment on her children's blogs, but I couldn't figure out how to create a profile with a picture without starting a blogger account (hence a blog). When I told her this, she said, "well, why don't you just go ahead and start me one of those too; maybe I'll put something up once in awhile." (Next thing you know, she'll want a MySpace page too).

We're all just impressed she emails and surfs the net and checks up on our blogs. Now she wants her own blog....oh, this is going to be fun. Don't worry, Mom, it doesn't have to be fancy. We won't pick it apart grammatically or make fun of you behind your back. Just go ahead and put something up here once in awhile: we'll read it. And if you don't: Lori and I both know your password. We might just post for you.

And now, I return this blog to its intended author.

--Rachael

*yeah, I wrote that too (and yes, I'm fully aware it's not really a word).

4 comments:

Lori said...

Okay Mom, we can't wait to hear what you have to say, so this is your chance. Oh and now that you have a cute profile picture does that mean you will start leaving more comments on our blogs?

Cecelia said...

Rachael, you did such a good job, I'm afraid to do anything to it. Could you just write my blogs every now and then? I won't tell anyone.

Anonymous said...

Mom, I knew you were going to say exactly what you said. Its funny too because i was just telling someone that story last night about how your always right and when we get to be the mother, we get to make the decisions. Good luck blogging.

Shannon said...

Now we just need to convert Natalie and I need to start writing again.