Sunday, April 6, 2008

It Was A Great Weekend

It was a great weekend having friends and family come to visit. Tina and Diane arrived with a car packed full of stuff which included two bunnies.
There is a black female dwarf bunny and a white male dwarf bunny. Ryan and Lisa gave in to the begging of the children and are going to let the bunnies have one litter of babies. Both of the bunnies are very tame, but the white bunny is especially tame. The girls loved playing with the bunnies. Diane brought a cage, water bottle, hay, and food for the bunnies. She was so thoughtful to bring everything for the bunnies new home. Thank you Diane.


Shannon and Madeline came over for dinner and brought their new dog, Cooper. He is a beautiful dog and very well behaved.

We all had a great time eating dinner together and getting to know each other better. Tina and Diane were excited that I had made 5 can casserole. Both Tina and Diane were good sports and didn't hesitate to try the various vegetarian dishes.

Tina brought gifts for all the children which were a big hit. She also brought a few hand-me-down dresses for Hannah and Gracie which are adorable. And the big hit with Gracie was a pair of "People Boots". They are a little too big, but Gracie didn't mind. She put them on and there was no taking them off. Lisa called this morning to let us know that Gracie slept with the boots and had them on this morning and on her way outside to play.

Tina and Diane brought this beautiful pansy hanging basket which I immediately hung on the front porch.

Spring tulips were welcomed in our home. Another thoughtful gift Tina and Diane brought for all to enjoy. Bob put them in one of my crystal vases and I moved it from room to room so I could enjoy them. Their final placement was on the kitchen table. I love the color. Tina also gave me a small crystal single stem vase and a crystal candle holder. They are all lovely and I'll have fond memories of Tina's visit every time I look at them.

Tina's reason for coming was to pick-up her new puppy that I have been caring for. Bob and I have fallen in love with this little puppy. It is so sweet and she is really smart!!!


A tired little puppy.


Tina loved her little puppy.

This is the cutest little puppy.

Tina, Diane, and I had such a great time with show and tell. Tina brought a coat she had made for her daughter, Tami, many years ago. It is just beautiful.

This is a figure skating dress Tina made for one of her daughter's competitions. She spent 60 hours making it. Most of the hours were spent sewing on the beads and sequins.

We had such a good time looking through albums of pictures of all three families and getting to know each other better. We all three have so much in common.
I'm so upset with myself because I forgot to get a picture of the mittens Diane knitted with wool she spun. I tried them on and they fit perfect.
Bob got up early on Sunday and made homemade bread and an apple pie. He was going to make them on Friday, but we had a dryer crisis. The belt on the dryer broke and I was in the process of washing sheets and towels and they needed to be dried. Bob went in to town and purchased the belt and took the dryer apart. He was able to fix it in plenty of time to get the laundry dried and put away, but there wasn't time for making the bread or apple pie. So it was really thoughtful of him to do it for us this morning.
After breakfast, we continued our show and tell and then decided to go outside and take a walk. Diane and Tina were a little surprised to see how big our garden really is. When we came back to the house they both took a peek in the root cellar. The day went by much to quickly and soon we had finished our lunch and with the car all packed, I placed the little puppy in her new carrier in the backseat. A prayer was said for their safe travels home and with hugs and "see you soon" we waved good-bye.

13 comments:

Rachael said...

That's it?

Natalie said...

That't all we get? A title? Did you, Tina and Diane get into some kind of trouble and have to agree not to talk about anything in order to protect yourselves?

Cecelia said...

I accidentally hit publish after I typed the title and didn't know how to get rid of it. Sorry.

Rachael said...

That's better.

Looks like a nice time was had by all. I can't believe you indoctrinated them into veggie "meat" like that! But, sounds like they were good sports!

I bet you miss your little puppy now too.

Tina in CT said...

We're home, the puppy has been out and done what she was supposed to, was an angel in her travel crate the whole trip, she's eaten and is investigating her new forever home and fuzzy hedgehog (a Russian favorite) toy.

As you can see from looking at the pictures, Diane and I LOVE to eat! All the veggies dishes were fantastic and we'll be needing recipes so we can make them.

It was such a wonderful time and we were so happy to meet part of the family and glad that Ryan, Lisa and Shannon were able to be there with their children last night. I felt like I knew them from all the blogs and it was special to finally meet them.

I felt like Santa's helper with the treats that we brought up and especially loved seeing Gracie's reaction to the bright pink People boots that have white and black dogs on them. I was happy to pass along summer (and a special Christmas dress) that Tamara's girls have outgrown to Gracie and Hannah.

Coming downstairs to freshly baked bread was a REAL TREAT! Diane and I thought like we'd had a special weekend at a country B&B.

Thank you so much for all you and Bob did to make our weekend so much fun, for finding my puppy and for giving her so much love this past week. You both are so thoughtful and I'm so glad that Diane and I are now part of your circle of friends.

I'm 99% sure that the name is Liesel. I'm trying it out on her tonight.

I'll comment more tomorrow but I am really tired and am nursing a very sore lower back that started Sat. morning when I woke up.

Tina in CT said...

Madeline,

Thank you so much for the chew/pull toy for my new puppy. She had it in her crate on her long ride home today and has been chewing on it tonight at home. That was sweet of you to do that for the new puppy.

I was so happy that you and your mom were over at your grandma and grandpa's yesterday so that I was able to meet you.

Tina

MoscowMom said...

Yay! What a wonderful weekend... Now we need to get my mom a digital camera so we can see regular updates of Liesel!

MoscowMom said...

p.s. Thank you so, so much for your hospitality and help! My mom enthusiastically said, "We have so much in common! We just talked and talked non-stop!" and I could picture you laughing, Rachael.

Tina in CT said...

The hanging pansies and the tulips are also from Diane as we both bought them.

Natalie said...

Glad everyone had fun. I really wish I could have some homemade bread! That sounds yummier than any cake or candy! Tina, I hope your puppy stayed little for you! Thanks mom for the longer post! Tina and Diane need to both start a blog.

Tina in CT said...

I don't have a digital camera and Diane's email is corrupted so until she gets someone to give her computer the "fix", she doesn't use it.

Tina in CT said...

On the ride home, Diane told me that she was going to tell Brent that they needed a root cellar.

Francie said...

Wow, Mom! You guys sound really busy! I love the pictures!