Sunday, January 17, 2010

Tale of Two Sundays

Last Sunday Lisa and the kids were with us for the day. We started the day off making homemade donuts for breakfast. Gracie was the official donut icing girl and Hannah waited patiently for her turn.
After breakfast I played a few polkas on my accordion while the girls danced around in the living room.
For lunch grandpa made a German potato and dumpling soup and blooming onions. Both were delicious! These sweet onions are from our garden. We have a "ton" of them stored in the basement.
Here is what the blooming onion looks like after it has been battered and deep fried. They were a big hit with the kids - me too!!!
The boys enjoyed riding their snowmobiles while the girls made a snow fort.
Little Ryan came in with snow all over his face even on his eyebrows. The boys were having so much fun riding. However, I think they spent as much time fixing the snowmobiles and they did riding them. They managed to get one of the snowmobiles stuck in a snowbank not far from the orchard, so grandpa went out to help them. First they got the snow blower out and blew some of the snow and then used my Envoy with the four-wheel drive to pull it out.


This Sunday Bob and I were home alone. No guests for the weekend. I went out to the barn first thing in the morning with Bob to observe first hand our crazy chicken that prefers to eat breakfast with the cats rather than the chickens. And, the cats let it! Big Foot was eating with Tiger and the chicken too, but I scared it when I turned on the camera. He's camera shy.

Then Bob and I decided to go for a walk on the property using our snowshoes. It was the first time I had used mine.

We were gone for about two hours and had a great time. The dogs loved going for the walk with us.

I was a little hesitant when we were walking across an area that was filled with cat-tails. But all is well.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, you guys really did get a ton of snow. The girls are buried up to their waists!

And my little Lola looks scruffy but happy as ever.

Tina in CT said...

That's a lot of snow! Good that you have a snow blower. Does Bob have a plow for his truck? Poor Liesel would be stranded.

The homemade food all looks so deliciious as everything is from your kitchen.

Natalie said...

you have so much snow! your so lucky.

Lori said...

Those blooming onions look so good! I think it would be hard to be on a diet around you two, you always have such good and fattening foods around.

Tina in CT said...

I told Diane today that you have a new computer and are back blogging and to check out your last blogs. She'll look tomorrow.

Dore' said...

Those donuts looked so good. Bob was with me when I read this post last Sunday. He had to go buy us donuts. I'm sure yours were better. Nice and fresh but since you didn't send us any we went out and bought some. lol