Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sewing Project

Several months ago my friend Cathy made a couple of skirts for her granddaughter and posted about them. They were really cute and she told me they were easy. So I asked her to send me the pattern. And, she did - six months later ( I might be exaggerating a bit). Since I had the day off work today, I decided to make a couple of skirts. One for Hannah and one for Gracie. I had a hard time picking out fabric because I wanted them to be able to wear them this fall and into early winter too. When I saw this fabric, it reminded me of western - cowboy - horses, and Hannah loves horses, so I decided to try it for the skirts.


Gracie and Hannah's skirts.

Hannah's Skirt
Gracie's Skirt
Thanks Cathy for sending the pattern. These were a lot of fun to make. I wish I knew where to buy them a cowboy hat (cheap). I'll take them over to them this Thursday evening after work.
Now I need to get busy and make some bibs for baby Bella. Lori tells me she is starting her on "real baby food" - homemade!

10 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Very cute patchwork fabric. Is it cotton or a fine wale cordoroy? I'm sure the girls will love them.

Rachael said...

Oh, you're not going to believe this, but I've been looking and looking for a pattern for a patchwork, layered skirt JUST LIKE THAT. I've been calling it a gypsy skirt. But, I looked through the pattern book and couldn't find anything I liked. But yours is CUTE. I had different fabric in mind, but that's what I wanted! Bring it when you come in November, or send it to me, PLEASE!

Natalie said...

those are adorable! I need to make one for lily and leah. they could wear them this winter with tights. wish i had more time!

Lori said...

Those are so cute, I can't wait til you start making little dresses and skirts for Bella.

Lori said...

Those are so cute, I can't wait til you start making little dresses and skirts for Bella.

Unknown said...

They are even cuter when you get to see the real thing. The girls looked absolutely adorable in them. Be sure and post pics of them wearing them with braids and boots too.

Rachael said...

Did you see that I got the pattern from Nat and made one for Katya? Check my blog when you get a chance!

CATHY said...

I finally checked out your blog. It's been a while. I spend most of my time on Facebook.
Glad you liked the skirt pattern. They are adorable aren't they, and easy.
Are you sure it took me 6 months to send the pattern? LOL

Natalie said...

this is your reminder to blog

Tina in CT said...

You need to get back to blogging as Diane and I miss your blogs.