Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Still not here

Mike and Vickie and the five children spent the night at O'Hare Airport. They are now at the top of the standby list and are hoping to get a flight out this morning. Vickie reported that the baby is handling this the best. He just sleeps and eats and goes with the flow! We're anxious to receive their call letting us know when to pick them up at the airport.

We received more snow last night and it's to change during the day to freezing rain and then just rain with more snow tomorrow.

The good news! We've got a very white Christmas!!!

I think I'll make a pumpkin log and some hamatachen while I'm waiting for the arrival of all the families.

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

What's a hamatachen? Is a pumpkin log a bread?

I hope they all were in a hotel at O'Hare and on the airline's expense. What an ordeal for them.

Can you get to the airport with the mini van because of your snow and ice?

Do all the kids skiing in PA return today?

Dore' said...

I talked to Will and he said they have had the worst snow storm since he's been up there. He was saying that there are icicles the height of the buildings. I think that storm is where you are now. Scary! I pray you all keep safe and have a wonderful holiday.. in your cozy home.. together.

Francie said...

Wow! Really? That's only a couple hours from us! They should've just started driving! But I think they should have some luck if they get out this morning, because it's warm today (about 34 or so) but will be freezing everything again tonight... hopefully they get out before that happens! Keep us posted!

CATHY said...

That is so sad to hear they are stuck at the airport. I remember how freezing cold it was there last year when Dore' and I came out. Hopefully they get out today.
Pumpkin roll..yummm, I made one at Thanksgiving. When I get off of work today I am making a carrot cake and the rest of my christmas cookies.
No snow here....just rain :(
Merry Christmas Momma!

Tina in CT said...

Did they get a flight out this morning? I sure hope it's not Christmas at the airport hotel.