Friday, December 19, 2008

It's Almost Christmas

Bob and I have been busy getting ready for Christmas. We are having an open house this coming Sunday, so we've been putting up the Christmas decorations. Mike and Vickie and the children will be arriving on Tuesday; Natalie, Adam, Ryan and Lisa and the children, and Shannon and Madeline will be arriving on Wednesday evening.

If it wasn't for Bob, there wouldn't be much done around the house. I've been so busy at work. Once again, Bob went and selected the tree, cut the tree, set-up the tree, put the lights on the tree, decorated the tree, and he even waters the tree everyday. He also put up the garland on the staircase.

I wanted some fresh wreaths for the side door and two smaller wreaths for the two front doors. When I came home from work, all three wreaths were made and hanging on the doors.

This is one of the two wreaths he made that are hanging on the front doors.


This is the wreath that is hanging on the side door. The door most visitors use.

It snowed quite a bit today. It sure is beautiful. But, it wasn't much fun to drive in today. On my way home from shopping, I pulled over to clean off the ice from the wiper blade and broke it, so I had to look out the passenger side of the windshield whilte I drove home. The roads were really bad. When I got home, Bob fixed the wiper. It wasn't broken, it had just come off the end of the arm. It looked broken to me!

The tracks I made pulling into the driveway this afternoon are now covered with snow.


Just a little note: Bob has decided that he is going to grow a beard. That is not what is on my Christmas wish list. He says that he is growing it for the 150 year celebration of the Roosevelt Church in June 2009.
He's just been growing it for a few days. It looks rediculous! And, I have to go to church tomorrow and sit with him during the Christmas program. You'd think he could have waited until after Christmas.

10 comments:

Tina in CT said...

The house with the country Christmas decorations look so pretty in the snow.

I agree with you about the beard and waiting until after Christmas.

Rachael said...

I do not much care for beards either, but the wreaths are really gorgeous so maybe you should cut him some slack!

~ V ~ said...

I just told The Man this evening that he didn't have to shave for the rest of the year!

Dore' said...

Your home is so "in the Spirit" of Christmas! I love the garland on the stairs and the wreaths on the windows. I'm sure your tree is beautiful.
That windshield wiper thing sounds like something I'd do. lol Thankfully you made it home safely. It must have been scary!
As far as beards go.. I love the look of them but I prefer my own guy clean shaven. Although.. maybe you should give him a tin can to hold when church is over. You might get some Christmas money. *wink*

Lori said...

Your house looks really pretty with all that snow.

That will be pretty funny to see Bob with a beard. But I know what you mean, I wouldn't like it if Todd did that.

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness Bob! You look like an old man with that beard! Had you started a little sooner, you could have played santa! Then again, you still dont ahve that gray of hair. I think Adam has more gray hair then Bob does!

CATHY said...

The house looks gorgeous. What would you do without daddy.
Looks like to much snow for this valley girl. I would be so afraid to drive in that....I guess you get use to it.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Elle J said...

Your house looks beautiful!!!

Tina in CT said...

Waiting for the Open House post.

Julie said...

That picture of Bob put a big smile on my face, especially with your last comment. Good luck to you both. Your house looks just like a Christmas card. I know you will have a great time with family. Our Michelle took 48 hours to get home from Alaska to Myrtle Beach. She spent Sabbath in Detroit during a 30 hour delay and was lucky to sleep at Sarah's and have friends take her to church and lunch. We were just happy she made is safe and sound. Merry Christmas.