Monday, December 29, 2008

I can't attach the pictures . . .

Natalie took some awesome pictures during the week and loaded them on my computer. I have spent hours today trying to attach some, and there is something wrong with my computer or the operator. So, I'll try tomorrow when I'm home alone. Well, almost alone. It will be just Bob and Madeline.

We had nineteen here for Christmas dinner and not one meal during the entire week was served on paper or plastic. I still have Christmas cookies left and lots of food. Bob and I won't be hungry or need to go to the grocery store for a very long time.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas this year. Bob and I are so blessed. The only thing that would have made it better would have been if all the kids and grand kids would have been here.

Bob has run to Walmart to pick-up some mandarins to send with the kids and grand kids that are leaving in the morning at 7:00 a.m. We have to leave our house at 4:30 a.m. Bob is also making bread so we can make sandwiches to send with the kids. When they were stuck in Chicago for 24 hours, they bought breakfast (three orders of pancakes and two orders of hash browns) and it cost $44. That is just ridiculous.

During the entire week of celebrations, not one person was sick. And, now tonight my throat is feeling a little sore. I hope it's not the beginning of something . . .

I can hardly wait for everyone to see the pictures.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I sure hope they had a hotel room at O'Hare during the 24 hour wait.

So glad that you all had such a wonderful week. Looking forward to future posts about your holiday.

It is so cold and windy here but suny.

Lori said...

Sounds like you all had a good time. Who got kitchen duty after all the meals? That is a lot of dishwashing.
Can't wait to see the pictures. Airport food is rediculously high, that's nice of you to pack them a lunch. I always forget to tell the airlines I'm vegetarian and then I get nothing on the plane to eat.

Natalie said...

You actually have more pictures that I haven't already posted? I guess there are a lot from the last day. I had a really good time, and so did Adam. We are glad we got to come. There was so much good food. Hope it isn't too much trouble to get everthing cleaned up! I hope those pictures work and that it isn't something I did wrong! I would feel kinda bad. Have a good new year celebration.