Saturday, November 22, 2008

More Snow is on the way . . .

We woke up to more snow on the ground. It appears that we are on the edge of the lake effect snow that is falling. The snow plows have gone by twice this morning already. My cousin, Tony, has called a couple of times to let us know that he and Donna can't get out of their driveway and their road hasn't been plowed either. They live in Mexico, New York and usually get dumped on every winter. They won't be at church this morning. Then we received another call from a couple that won't be getting to church either. We probably won't have too many at church today. Since this is a three church sabbath, Bob checked with one of the other churches, and they are planning to meet. The afternoon meeting will be held at an elderly couple's house.

Tina called this morning and she isn't going to venture coming today. The weather just doesn't look good for traveling. The forecast is 100% chance for heavy snow all day. However, tomorrow looks better. We're going to keep checking the weather forecast, and hopefully she will be able to come on Sunday.

Now, I'm wondering if we should chance going to Michigan for Thanksgiving. The weather reports are snows a good part of next week.

8 comments:

CATHY said...

I guess I can say I am kind of jealous that you are getting all the snow and we are still wearing tank tops.
It look's so beautiful there.

Sorry about your friends not being able to come, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day for a drive.

Tina in CT said...

I am hoping for good news tonight for tomorrow so that I can drive up. I want to come so much and have all sorts of things to bring with me.

Tina in CT said...

I'm packing and coming tomorrow! I think I'll have everything but the kitchen sink in the car.

Lori said...

You have to come for Thanksgiving, who will cook all the yummy food if you and Bob don't come?
plus we have to go shopping on Friday.

Rachael said...

Hoping the weather holds up! We're counting on you coming.

Natalie said...

I will be so depressed if you guys dont come for thanksgiving! Please, please come. Trust me, once you get out of the lake-effect zone, your home free. I guess BH got a foot of snow, I went there this weekend and didn't see even a dusting of snow until I got there, and then the roads were already cleared.

Francie said...

It won't be Thanksgiving without you guys! Make sure you guys get over here! When are you planning on leaving? Can't wait to see you guys and eat the yummy food, too! Miss you!

Dore' said...

I sure hope you can make it to Michigan for Thanksgiving. It's obvious they won't have as much fun without you.

The pictures are beautiful and I'm sure it's nice when you can stay inside and look outside but it's not so great when you have to go out in it.

It's scary driving in all that snow!