Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Another Potluck Blog

For the past three weeks I have been working and going directly to the church after work for evangelistic meetings. Bob did his first series of meetings using power-point. He's becoming computer literate. He did very well with each night's presentations. There was a good response from the community and great support from the members. He's planning a baptism the second Sabbath in December. During these meetings I also held a cooking school in Dexterville. There were approximately 40 people in attendance. We have several drawings during the cooking class for homemade bread which Bob makes the morning of the class. One of the members made this stained glass platter which was a nice addition to the drawings that night. I was very lucky, because the lady that won it was the aunt to the lady that made it and she already had one so after the class she gave it to me.
I love my stained glass platter.

Even though I've been busy all day and every evening, I do have Friday's off so I enjoyed doing some baking.
Five loaves of whole wheat bread.

An apple pie.


Homemade cinnamon rolls with a surprise when you flip them over.


Those cinnamon rolls turn into pecans rolls when you dump them over onto a pan.

Rachael's Apple Cake Recipe


I made an apple cake and took it for the members to enjoy after the meeting on Friday evenings. They loved it. Several people asked for the recipe.
Ryan, Lisa and the children have moved into their new home, but they haven't moved all their stuff out of our house yet. It's quite lonely now in the evenings. No little children running to me excited to tell me all about their day. While they were living with us, our garage became so full of "stuff" we could hardly even walk in it. Bob spent several hours working on cleaning it out so we could get both vehicles in it.
This morning when I went to get in my car I was so thankful that it was parked in the garage.
Because . . .

This is what I saw when I opened the garage door this morning. We have almost a foot of snow. Bob didn't get up early enough to use the snow blower on the driveway so I just used my four wheel drive and made it just fine. The roads had been plowed.

We haven't put all our summer things away yet. Like our picnic table. Maybe it will just stay there for the winter. It won't be long and we won't see it until spring anyway.
It's a beautiful snow, but I'm not quite ready to settle in for a l-o-n-g winter. We have snow much earlier than we have had since we moved to New York. It usually waits until December.

Our dogs houses have all been moved back on the porches (which I don't like the look of). Bob thinks they need their houses there so they can see what's going on inside the house without having to be out in the wind. This is Checotah's first time to experience snow. She is just loving it. Our chickens are also experiencing snow for the first time and they aren't as happy with it as Checotah. Bob went to let them out this morning, and a couple of them went out the door and immediately returned to the chicken house. The others didn't even venture out. The temperatures have been in the 20's and low 30's. Bob's trying to figure out how to keep the chicken's water from freezing. We don't have electricity in the barn. We have a heated water bowl for the dogs. There must be some way to keep the water from freezing. What did they do in the olden days? Bob's dreaming of having horses and a sleigh so he can go for a ride on the property. It would be lots of fun. Well, I guess I should stop for now. I need to get a good nights rest. We're suppose to get some snow flurries tonight. We usually get lake effect snow and that makes for more than just flurries.
I'm looking forward to this weekend when Tina and Diane come to visit. They will be coming on Saturday and staying until Monday. I've got all my menu's planned and Tina and Diane have ideas on crafts for us to work on. I can hardly wait! I'll try to do better at posting while they are here. But, no guarantees.

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Those pictures with snow are scaring me. Let's hope that it doesn't snow from Sat. - Mon. so we can come. If it snowed on Mon. and we couldn't leave then, I'd be fine as I'm on vacation next week but Diane has to be home for her work on Tues.

I am so looking forward to coming, seeing both of you, being in your country B&B, doing crafts, cooking, going for a long walk on your property (we have to bring boots) and enjoying friendship.

Rachael said...

Those pecan rolls look SO good, my stomach is growling for them now.

Wow. That is a lot of snow for this early.

And, did I gather from that post that Checotah is living with you now? Or is that just temporary?

Advisor said...

A sleigh ride would be awesome! I want to come see you in the winter, on a full moon, when you have that!

We are leaving for Florida in the morning and leaving Cathy in charge of our house and pets again. Pray for all of us.. and our home.

Dore' said...

Oh no! Nate used my computer earlier and did something so that his name appeared instead of mine. lol

Nate didn't post.. it was me.

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Files You Can Quickly Search HD Movies, Console Games, MP3 Singles, Applications and Download Them at Fast Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]