Saturday, June 20, 2009

Celebration Done - Beard Gone!

Last weekend, the Roosevelt SDA Church held it 150th year celebration. Bob has been growing a beard since December in hopes of looking like the pioneers 150 years ago. I certainly think he accomplished his goal. He wore his grandfathers bow-tie, hat, and carried his cane. I purchased an 1800's hat from an antique store and bought fabric and a pattern and made my dress to match the hat.


Just as promised, as soon as the celebration was over, Bob shaved off that beard!!!

One step at a time . . .

Almost there . . .

The members told Bob today that he looks 15 to 20 years younger without that beard.

What do you think?

8 comments:

Natalie said...

MUCH BETTER! It's amazing how old that beard made him look, Since he doesnt really have much gray hair, but his beard was white as can be. I think Adam has more gray hair than Bob does! Were you embarrassed to go into public with him looking like that? People might have thought he was your sugar daddy, or dad if he used that cane in public!

Tina in CT said...

I agree that Bob has gained many, many years with the shaving of the white beard.

Natalie's comments are so funny.

You and Bob sure looked the part of the period with your costumes.

Rachael said...

I definitely prefer to clean shaven look!!!

Hey, he could have played Santa Claus if he'd hung on to it a few more months, though.

Lori said...

I must say you guys look pretty cute in your costumes, and a fake beard just wouldn't have looked the same. But I am glad he shaved it off, it looks much better gone. He would have been awfully hot in OKC with that beard.

Elle J said...

Thumbs up to no-beard, but agree that you guys looked great in the first photo!!

Annie said...

I think he was quite dashing in the beard! But I suppose I should have lived 150 years ago..... sigh...

Dore' said...

Definitely a huge difference! Those outfits were so realistic for that era. You did a great job with them. Wish I could have been there for the program. And it's great to see you are posting.

Julie said...

Hallelujah!