Monday, September 8, 2008

Potluck Blog

There have been many blogable events. I'll catch you up on a few of the blogs that could have been a complete blog, but . . .

Last Thursday, the granite counter tops were installed in the house Ryan and Lisa are buying. They are really pretty and Lisa is anxious to start moving in. But that won't happen until sometime in November. The well still isn't hooked-up yet. The drillers were working on it today.

Matthew found this little snake when he was playing outside at the house we are working on. And this snake reminds me of a story I was going to tell about when Tina and I were at Sturbridge Village. We had just come out of a basement and we were talking about the snakes that seem to find their way into my basement in New York. As we walked toward the stone stairs that led to an outside meeting area where there was someone telling stories, a snake squirmed across the stairs we were just about to step on. We both screamed and ran the opposite direction. Snakes are just too creepy.

Genie has been in retirement status for over a year. She died over by the barn and Bob and Ryan just couldn't seem to figure out the problem. They suspected an electrical problem. We were going to have to pay to have it serviced to get it going. But, Ryan and the boys went out last Sunday and worked on it and within a short amount of time, it was running again. They loaded it on the trailer and took it down to the house that we are remodeling.

Gracie loves to look at books. When she goes to bed she takes several books and her baby doll.


And, now the big surprise!!! Lola was groomed today. She looks beautiful. The dog groomer said that she was the sweetest dog. She never snapped at her even once. She really is a good dog. When I brought her home, the first thing she did when she got out of the car, was to run and sit in the slammer. She is such a silly dog.

While I was at Sturbridge Village, I bought these two little colonial hats for Hannah and Gracie. They love playing like they are Laura and Carrie from Little House on the Prairie. The girls were pretend cooking on the old cook stove in my dining room.

It won't be long before we start making grape juice.

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I can't believe you took a picture of the snake! I can't even look at a picture as I am so scared of them.

The girls look adorable with the colonial bonnets. I have to get that pattern to you to borrow for dresses. I also have a Holly Hobbie pattern (with bonnet) from when Tami was little and I made her one.

The kitchen counter top is gorgeous. I am so envious as I have faded avocado green formica and guess I'll go before it does.

Tell Gracie that I have a ton of books from the girls for her and Hannah when I come up.

Francie said...

What? Snakes get in the basement (aka: snake pit) that you said didn't have any??? Haha! And the most surprising is lola! Nice job! She looks great!

Tina in CT said...

That's Lola! She is beautiful and especially with the ribbon. I bet the girls loved giving her hugs and I bet Lola felt wonderful.

Rachael said...

Wow, Lola looks like a different dog! One that's about half her size and a different color! How long did it last?

Natalie said...

oh Lola is a new dog! What did Gracie think?

Lori said...

Ryan and Lisa's kitchen looks nice. Lola looks great too. Don't you wish you looked 10 pounds thinner every time you got a haircut?
I want some grape Jelly.

Tina in CT said...

I love Lori's comment about looking 10 lbs. I have my short hair trimmed every 6 weeks and sure wish it worked for me.