Friday, February 27, 2009

It's Finished!

Last Christmas, I purchased several one yard pieces of baby print flannel with some in mind for baby Isabella (soon to arrive) and others to put away for future use. I've been working on one for quite some time, but hadn't completed it. Then just this week, I decided I should start another one to get the rolled hem out of the way and the foundation stitch which take quite a bit of time. The lace part goes fairly quickly. Then today, when I spoke with Lori, she was disappointed that I hadn't completed any blankets - so I hung up the phone and sat down and completed the blanket. Then when I was looking through my container of flannel one yard pieces I found a blanket I had already completed several months ago. So, now I have two completed blankets for Isabella and one that will be completed soon.



All we need now is the arrival of baby Isabella!!

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

So pretty and they look so soft and cozy.

Lori said...

Very pretty, now just like you said, all we need is the baby. If only we knew when that will be.

She will need them too, because that is the one thing I don't have for her yet. Todd seems to think all of Anthony's baby blankets will work just fine.

Rachael said...

I love those blankets you make. I used the ones you made my kids all the time. They were perfect, because they're lightweight, and just right for rolling up on my purse or diaper bag, and pulling out to cover the baby to nurse.

Dore' said...

They look so pretty! So nice for a sweet little grand daughter.

Natalie said...

they are so cute. she will love them.

CATHY said...

I just finished two skirts for Lawren.I will try to get them on my blog tomorrow.
Dore' and I went to the fabric store tonight and I bought material to make some adorable pillow cases for her. I can't wait to get them made.
Your blankets look so cozy.

Tina in CT said...

OK, I need a blogging update. Miss reading them.